Choosing Courage Over Comfort


Choosing courage over comfort creates a more exciting and fulfilling  life.

If you are a person who wants a more exciting and fulfilling life, you will have to step out of your comfort zone. Sticking to your comfort zone suffocates a lot of possibilities for your future. You can have more.

Every moment of every day, you have the ability to make different than normal choices. To do that you need to choose courage over  comfort.

Choosing courage, you get the added benefit of growing your self-esteem. You will see yourself differently. Reaching more of your potential does that and so much more. 


8 Tips For Choosing Courage Over Comfort

  1. Don't be bothered with what people think of you. Unless you discover a way to becoming immortalized in history books, you won't be remembered for long. So, leave behind those feelings of fear. And, if you haven't noticed, in just about every case, nobody is looking at you and your life. They are consumed by their life.
  2. Ask yourself, "What is the worse-case scenario?” In most cases, people imagine the worst possibility in a situation they fear. The worst! The reality of the situation is usually not near as bad as they imagine it to be. Unless you're at risk of dying or losing a leg or an arm, you're probably doing the same exact thing. So, when you're afraid, try to be objective. Realistically, what is the worse-case? You might surprise yourself and go forward. You might love the outcome.
  3. Smaller stressors and worries should be dealt with first. Dealing with the minor concerns first is the key to dealing with the larger ones later. Furthermore, the knowledge and confidence you learn by conquering little problems will enable you to conquer bigger ones. With time, these new thoughts and activities will become habitual.
  4. Learn to take things in stride and remain calm. The most effective way to avoid a fearful response is to relax. When you initially feel afraid, you can train yourself to relax automatically. Relax your muscles and take a few deep breaths while thinking good thoughts. Again, start with the small stressors and work your way up.
  5. What are the probabilities? Think back. How many of your worst nightmares have come true? According to researchers, the figure is around 20%. Here’s the good news - there is a 80% chance your fears won't materialize. And, if you can deal with the worst-case scenario, keeping in mind there is only a 20% chance of it occurring, you have little to be afraid of.
  6. Your fears exists solely in your mind. Not in reality. In the vast majority of cases, the source of your anxiety is you. So your battle is you against you. It has been said that FEAR is False Reality Appearing Real. Let it go.
  7. What you focus on matters. Focus on what could go right instead of worrying about all that could go wrong. Allow yourself to be enthralled by your prospects. Imagine what it will feel like when you succeed. Your life will be much more fascinating if you gave yourself a chance for success. And, what a tragedy it would be to let fear stop you.
  8.  Consider fear a test or a game. Go ahead and try to do something that makes you a little bit nervous. Set milestones along the way. See accomplishing them as a game to enhance your life. And that choosing courage over comfort is a step up in life.

You have the ability to live a life overcoming your fear and participating in many more adventures than you now do. Your fears are mostly fabrications in your mind. You have the option to let them go and take risks.

Begin today by doing something you've always wanted to do but lacked the courage. Stay calm and then…go for it. Demonstrate to yourself that choosing courage over comfort is your new priority.


You might like these

Go to the top of this page on Choosing Courage Over Comfort.

Go to What Is The Comfort Zone?

Go to the Article Index