Welcome to the first edition of "Mastering The Mental Game," a monthly newsletter and magazine of tips and strategies designed to help you cope with the roller coaster ride we call life.
Let's start with a good description of life from my first mentor, Jim Rohn: He described life as "opportunity mixed with difficulty." Isn't that the way it always is?
I know, I know, 2020 was so very difficult. For me, it was the second most difficult year of my life (I'm 71).
So what now? It is 2021. No one has a crystal ball. It could be more of the same, better, who knows? That being said, we know we need more mental toughness and resilience.
That is what this issue of Mastering The Mental Game is about: "Withstanding Life's Storms."
What's Inside The Newsletter & Magazine?
Here is what you will find in this edition. First, inside the magazine:
* Building Resilience and Mental Toughness - building mental calluses in the brain.
* Negative and Positive Self-Talk - Using the Tick Tock Strategy to get back on track.
* The Science of Gratitude - It works by changing the structure of the brain and releasing hormones.
* Simple, Smart Exercises - You don't have to go to the Gym - Keeping it simple and easy to do. Staying in shape.
What if you get one good idea from the my magazine that enhances your style of living? Even better, what if you get many ideas and make them a practice?
To get the magazine (it will show in your browser. You can download it from there), click below.
mastering motivation magazines
In addition to the free magazine, you will find below descriptions and links to popular articles on the website that can also help you accomplish more. Here's the list with links.
* Making The Power Of Habits Work For You: Habits are an awesome force that can work for you or against you. There are good habits and there are bad habits. The good news is you can take control of the process.
* Taking Small Steps Wins The Day Against Negative Internal Chatter: Your Brain wants to guard you against any pain (the amygdala). Going outside your comfort zone to accomplish a goal brings some pain. So the brain produces negative chatter as a warning. To overcome that resistance, take small steps towards your goal. This tricks the Amygdala because a small step means no pain.
* When Things Go Bad…You Have A Choice: What do you do when things go bad? A lot of people complain, many people have a pity party, others blame other people, and then there is a forth way, a better way. Take the fourth way.
I want to thank you for subscribing to my free newsletter and magazine. I hope you get some good ideas you can act on to enhance your life.
The purpose of life is to live. To live is easier said than done. I wish for you happiness and long life. Or, as that great galactic philosopher Spock said - "Live long and prosper."
Again, to download the magazine, click below. (it will show in your browser. You can download it from there)
Mastering Motivation Magazines