We all want more out of life. David Goggins quotes are inspirational. When you start thinking like David, you will start achieving your goals like iron pellets attracted to a strong magnet. I know that is saying a lot, but if you knew David's story, you would reach the same conclusion. This man's achievements are truly remarkable. From where he started, there was very little chance of him reaching any heights of achievement at all. He reached great heights in many venues.
David is an African American who, early in life, lived not far from a KKK headquarters. He was harassed no end in school. Later in life he worked as an exterminator killing roaches in restaurants and other commercial buildings. Then one night, by chance, he watched a show about the Navy Seals. He felt his only way our of the life he was living was by learning to suffer and make it through to other side. He decided to become a Navy Seal.
David was overweight and out of shape. There was very little chance he could succeed. But his was no ordinary desire. And the bottom line is he did it. This man rose to where he found himself guarding the Prime Minister of Iraq during the war. He is considered by many to be the toughest man alive. And there is more. Read up on this man's life. Here's a link to an article on this site, David Goggins. Read it and see if you don't come to the same conclusions.
“I don’t stop when I am tired. I stop when I am done."
• When it comes to my goals and dreams, I will stop when I am done. Feeling tired is only an excuse.
“Mental toughness is a lifestyle.”
• I am mentally tough…every day.
“Life is one big tug-of-war between mediocrity and trying to find your best self.”
• I will win the tug-of-war between mediocrity and reaching my best self.
“When you look in the mirror, that is the one person you cannot lie to.”
• I will not lie to myself anymore. The truth matters too much.
“Get our of your head and get to work.”
• I’m tired of letting things go around and around in my head. It is time for me to get to work.
“We all have the ability to come from nothing to something.”
• I can start with nothing and grow it into something.
“You can’t find yourself by doing nothing…Stay Hard."
• I know for me to discover my potential, I have to do something. Doing nothing is not an option.
“Don’t talk about it. Be about it.”
• Talking is easy. Doing it is what I am about.
“Stop making excuses, stop being a vicim, take personal responsibility.”
• No more excuses. From here on out, I will take personal responsibility for my life.
“Nobody cares what you did yesterday. What have you done today to better yourself?”
• Yesterday doesn’t matter. It is what I do today to better myself that matters.
“You have to build calluses on your brain just like how you build calluses on your hands. Callus your mind through pain and suffering.”
• I am building calluses on my brain so I can handle the difficult times that lie ahead.
“You will never learn from people if you always tap dance around the truth.”
• I will stop dancing around the truth and…face it.
“You are stopping you, you are giving up instead of getting hard.”
• I will not stop myself from succeeding. I will not give up. I am getting hard.
“I thought I’d solved a problem when really I was creating new ones by taking the path of least resistance.”
• I will not take the path of least resistance.
“Denial is the ultimate comfort zone.”
• No more denial. I am willing to go outside my comfort zone.
“Life isn’t always about doing the things we like to do. It’s about doing things we have to do.”
• I do the things I have to do, not just the things I want to do.
“But what put distance between me and almost everybody else in that platoon is that I didn’t let my desire for comfort rule me.”
• I will not let my desire for comfort rule me and stop me from reaching my potential.
“The most important conversations you’ll ever have are the ones you’ll have with yourself.”
• The conversations I have with myself move me forward to my potential.
“I wanted to feel something besides defeat. I wanted to just go the distance.”
• I’ve had it with defeat. I will go the distance.
I hope enjoyed David's quotes. Even more so, I hope you start making his ideas a part of your ideas. What if you took just a few to heart? What would your life be like if you:
That is what applying the ideas and principles inside David Goggins quotes can do for you. You don't have to do it all at once. The key is to get started, and then improved every week for the next year, for the rest of your life.
Go to the top of this page of David Goggins Quotes.
Go to the Article Index.